Friday, February 03, 2006

Pydev 1.0

Well, that's it, the next version will be 1.0. Pydev has surely already reached its maturity. I will try to release it next week.

There were tons of improvements over the last version, in the debugger, in the PyLint integration, wizards, perspective, shorcut to run the editor file, etc.

Also, next week I'll start giving commercial support to Pydev and release a new plugin named 'Pydev Extensions' -- which has already quite some time of development (and in that, I hope to be able to give better support for the Open Source version too).

I'll announce what it can do next week, together with the 1.0 release of Pydev... But just as a little 'preview', think about faster code analysis (not PyLint), auto-import, remote debugging... ;-)

Actually, I've been thinking about that for quite some time now, and I think this is going to be a win-win situation in many ways... Hope you all enjoy it too...

Cheers,

Fabio

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!

Jack Trainor said...

Yes, indeed. Big improvements since I first downloaded in October. Love that Eclipse now recognizes a PyDev project and the debugger is so much faster.

I was thinking of using the debugger speed as an excuse to buy a new laptop, but now I'll have to find another rationalization!